Owner: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, City of Natchez, MS
General Contractor: Schnabel
Schnabel was selected by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to stabilize the Area 4 bluff in Natchez, Mississippi. As prime contractor, Schnabel performed and/or managed all aspects of this substantial design/build contract . The project required the design and construction of:
- 2 permanent soil nail walls with over 100,000 square feet of permanent shotcrete.
- More than 2,900 permanent soil nails.
- Over 2,500 lineal feet of permanent soil nail wall, up to 62 feet high.
- Over 500 lineal feet of a permanent tieback soldier beam wall up to 48 feet high.
- Excavation, hauling and placement of over 100,000 cubic yards of dirt.